World News: 00:40 GMT Thursday 3rd July 2014. [Yahoo Sports News Feed via SPi World News]
Jurors weighing a $37 million lawsuit against the Los Angeles Dodgers and their former owner by a fan who was badly beaten at the team's stadium on Opening Day 2011 told a judge on Wednesday they had been unable to reach a verdict, a court officer said. Stow, a father of two and former paramedic from Northern California, alleges the Dodgers are liable for the attack in the Dodger Stadium parking lot that left him brain-damaged and unable to earn a living. Stow's negligence suit also names the then-owner of the team, Frank McCourt, as a defendant, accusing him of skimping on security that Stow says would have prevented him from being assaulted after the season-opening game between the Dodgers and their longtime rivals, the San Francisco Giants.
SPi News is published by Sector Publishing Intelligence Ltd.
© Sector Publishing Intelligence Ltd 2019. [Admin Only]
Sector Publishing Intelligence Ltd.
Agriculture House, Acland Road, DORCHESTER, Dorset DT1 1EF United Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales number 07519380.