World News: 22:00 GMT Wednesday 12th June 2019. [Yahoo Business News Feed via SPi World News]
The FCC last year gave preliminary approval to a proposal by Chairman Ajit Pai to bar mobile service providers from spending federal subsidies on equipment made by companies deemed a national security threat. The commission hasn’t scheduled a final vote on the measure but Huawei said it would file on Wednesday a 10-page response urging the agency to abandon the idea. “Banning particular vendors on grounds of ‘national security’ will actually do little or nothing to protect the security of America’s telecommunications networks,” Huawei said in a the filing.
Read More: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/under-fire-trump-huawei-asks-210000013.html
SPi News is published by Sector Publishing Intelligence Ltd.
© Sector Publishing Intelligence Ltd 2019. [Admin Only]
Sector Publishing Intelligence Ltd.
Agriculture House, Acland Road, DORCHESTER, Dorset DT1 1EF United Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales number 07519380.